Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export taking really long time with watermark

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since recents updates, Lightroom takes forever to export files with a watermark applied.

I use watermark for years to show my customers the photos online and never had any specific issue when exporting photos with LRC but since recently, when applying a 400Ko watermak, the export takes really really long time.

After some tests, I can confirm it comes from watermark because normal export without watermarks is arround 10x faster than with watermark on.

Sync is not activated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling GPU in preferences, better? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Performances ?

I'm using an Apple Mini M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: 

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252854357

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, so should I use Graphic Processor instead or Graphic Processor for treating images?

Capture d’écran 2022-07-02 à 17.30.55.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try differing settings, even off; any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changes unfortunately. The only difference is occuring if I export with or without watermark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue- tried to export 198 images on Mac cpu hit the roof and wouldn't export. Upgraded to the latest version and tried again, same. Tried 10 images, it made an attempt but no good. I'm trying to deliver images- this is absolutely useless as a program now. these are watermarked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a brand new watermark- that seems to go much faster- so it looks like the error is converting the old watermarks- still slower than it used to be though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue.  The slowness of the export with watermark is directly proportional to the size of the watermark.  If I set it to be a small writing in size 10 or so, it goes super fast, but if I do what I really want to do, which is a large faint watermark, it's SUPER slow.  This happens the same with or without GPU.  Also, this is happening with a super fast brand new Macbook pro and with a 2 year old macbook pro.  It's NOT happening on my PC.  It seems that this bug is only with the latest Mac updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines