• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to JPG extremly slow (35 sec for one image and app freeze)

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With latest update (12.0.1) the issue with extreme slow export is still not solved. It takes 35 seconds for one image and the application freezes. I have a Core i7 machine with 64 GB RAM and a fast GPU (see attached system info)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First troubleshooting steps:

1. Uncheck the option Preferences > Performance > Use Graphics Processor > Use GPU For Export. (It's currently enabled -- "GPU zum Exportieren aktiviert".)

2. You've got a one-year-old graphics driver installed (30.0.14.7212). Go directly to the Nvidia web site and update the driver to the latest version.

3. If steps 1 and 2 don't help, then do Help > System Info again and copy/paste the entire contents here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course both steps did not work. Why should they??? With version 11.5 all works fine. 
With the update there was something destroyed. Lots of issues are reported regarding slow operation.

I have to revert to 11.5 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installierte Zusatzmodule: 

1) AdobeStock
2) Flickr
3) Helicon Focus Export
4) LogiOptions
5) LRT Export 6
6) Nikon Tether-Zusatzmodul
7) Topaz Photo AI

Try to disable the LogiOptions plugin, it has been known to cause problems in the past. File > Plugin Manager.

If that doesn't help, disable all plugins. If exporting then works properly, enable the plugins one by one, and try to export after each one to identify the faulty plugin.

Another thing to try is to reset the preferences.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Of course both steps did not work. Why should they???"

It's only in the last couple of versions that LR has started using the graphics processor for export.  LR uses graphic processors in ways unlike most other apps, and it frequently encounters bugs in older graphics drivers (and sometimes the most recent versions).  When there is a problem with a LR feature that uses the graphics processor, disabling it and/or updating the graphics driver very often (but not always) fixes the problem.  (There are hundreds of such reports in this forum.)

In particular, disabling the GPU for export helped at least one person experiencing the symptoms of a long delay before the first photo in a batch export completed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/long-wait-after-pressing-export/m-p/132...

Your symptoms are somewhat different, with the app freezing after the first photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your tips. None of them works. I am sure there is something wrong with the update. Why is 11.5 working perfectly well with all the settings I had?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally.... the latest update solved the export lag issue. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the lag is again there. I don't get it. I did not change anything on the system, but the behavior is again the same. Around 35 sec. for one image export and application goes black and does not respond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can now at least identify the issue. It seems to be in connection with using image watermarks. When I do not use watermark, the export to JPG is fast. As soon as I use a image as watermark, the export takes 30 sec or more and the application hangs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issure when exporting with a watermark. Have you found a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved my issue I believe. I went and first updated all my watermarks then I dleted the ones I have not been using. I have a feeling the updating them did the trick. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I went and first updated all my watermarks then I dleted the ones I have not been using. I have a feeling the updating them did the trick. "

Thanks for reporting that. Since LR 11.4, when LR starting using the GPU for exporting, there have been many reports of problems exporting with watermarks.  Common workarounds that help some but not all people include:

- Disabling Preferences > Performance > Use GPU For Export.

- Exporting without watermarks (not a great workaround).

- Disabling Shadows in text watermarks.

- Editing all watermarks and updating them; opening the watermark graphics in Photoshop and resaving them; deleting all existing watermarks and building them scratch; making a dummy text watermark and doing one export with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines