• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export to photoshop colour issue since update

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my images from lightroom to ps since the update they are turning warm/muted? I've checked all the colour spaces are the same and I'm stuck on what the issue is?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Thank you so much for everything Simon! I just uninstalled and reinstalled both lightroom and ps and it's fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what you mean by "export my images from lightroom to ps"?  Do you mean Photo -> Edit in (or right-click and Edit in) and then "Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2021"?  If not, perhaps you can explain your workflow.

Is the monitor calibrated and profiled, and with v2 profiles (not v4)?  What graphics card, and what options are set for Preferences -> Performance -> Graphics Processor in both LR and PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon, 
Yes that's what I mean. The monitor is calibrated and profiled. How do I check if it's a v2 or v4 profile? I have attached screenshots of my performance settings. Thank you so much for helping! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The graphics settings are same as mine (and I don't get a problem) but you have a different graphics card.  One thing to try: in both LR and PS change the graphic settings to "off" in LR and uncheck "Use Graphics Processor" in PS.  That will at least eliminate any issue with graphics processor, which can occasionally cause issues.

Most calibration/profiling software has an option to create ICC v2 or v4 profile format.  Quite a lot of software doesn't work with v4 profiles, and often doesn't give any error message. Last time I checked (a couple of years ago) neither LR nor PS worked properly with v4 profiles, but I've not checked recently (I always use v2 profiles).  There is in fact little benefit in v4, as most colour management software, even if it works with v4, doesn't make use of the extra features of v4. 

If you use Argyll/Displacal software then I think it's v2 only, which is fine.  The other software I use, including xrite, Eizo and Benq, all have somewhere buried in settings a check box to choose between v2 and v4 profiles, and it usually defaults to v4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for everything Simon! I just uninstalled and reinstalled both lightroom and ps and it's fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much John! I'll test this out and keep it on hand for future problems. I just uninstalled and reinstalled both lightroom and ps and it's fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you applying a creative profile to the photo before editing in PS?  That triggers a bug (which has a workaround).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines