Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

export

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last update Every time I try to export pictures in a very random way Lightroom Classic let me do only a few pics SOME times only one at a time and MANY times ONLY one picture. Before the update everything was perfect. Does any body knows what is going on.

jorges17907197_0-1636929211273.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indications is path is too long, are you using Windows OS. Their is a limit on path, a limit on how many alpha numeric characters. This is a combination of all the characters in your folder, and sub folder names, and file name. One thing you can do is not use so many characters in the file name. Instead of being very descriptive in file name, use keywords in photo. Note that LrC has been known to get the limit a bit off by a few characters.

an imaginary sample. Say I took a photo at Yosemite National Park, it is a nice picture of that Apple Tree in the Meadow in fall, with Apples. I took it on 14 November 2021. (in actual truth, this was years ago, and no apples at the time)

So, getting descriptive, I name it

The Apple Tree at Yosemite National Park in Fall by David.NEF

Absolutely too much, instead name it

20211114_145500.NEF

And in LrC give it keywords

Yosemite National Park

National Park

California

Landscape

Fall

Apple Tree

Apples

as for my name, etc, in other metadata fields, and in Copyright metadata

P.S. the upgrade of your catalog added a couple more characters to the catalog name, that will pass along to the name of the library previews folder, not sure if during export a preview gets created, that may be what changed that causes the final straw towards path name too long. (thinking out of the box, might be a bad thing)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jorges17907197_0-1636928996567.png

After the last update Every time I try to export pictures in a very random way Lightroom Classic let me do only a few pics SOME times only one at a time and MANY times ONLY one picture. Before the update everything was perfect. Does any body knows what is going on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines