• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported images brighter in other devices or other apps

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i see a big difference in exposure on all my catalogs. I am running ligthroom on Windows 11. The Profile of the monitor is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1, i also use it for export the files. Please see the screenshot of the windows image viewer! (Left image viewer / rigth LR)  Also on mobile devices the pictures are brigther than in LR it self. I couldnt find any setting fixing this issue!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

No downgrade needed. In the Color setting of Windows 11 there is an Advance Setting were the profile also need to be set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Windows Photos app is now color managed (provided that your Windows is up to date), and should display the same as Lightroom. But color management in Windows 11 is broken, and this seems to affect Adobe applications in particular. My guess is that Photos is displaying correct colors. The only known solution is to downgrade to Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No downgrade needed. In the Color setting of Windows 11 there is an Advance Setting were the profile also need to be set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a workaround and something you normally shouldn't do. It should all be handled under the "Devices" tab.

If, for some reason, Microsoft insist on keeping this, all calibration software everywhere will have to be rewritten. The general advice has always been to not change anything under the "Advanced" tab, and calibration software never goes there. However, I don't know if there are any ill side-effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. My settings are exactly the same as in your picture but I am having all sorts of issues on my new W11 laptop.  I use Lightroom and the photos in lightroom and on my monitor as a background look identical as they should, so settings are correct. BUT in photos app where I need to check my edits the photo fades upon opening, and looks different and dull. I am desparate as I need to check the photo quality for wall prints and books, but I dont know which photo is going to print. please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines