• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported pictures is way darker then in LR?

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I export an image where I'm happy with the edit it comes out much darker then it is in Lightroom? Not sure what I'm doing wrong, might be a rookiemisstake, I'm new to it.

Left is the image in Lightroom before export and right is after export..? I dont make any changes before exporting the image & I've tried to re-Install Lightroom aswell... Do I need to format my PC aswell? Feels a bit overkill..?

whyyyyy.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @qwety0D45 , I have been experiencing the same problem, and the same non-solutions from multiple forums.  I finally figured out something that might help.

Although photography enthusiasts would like you to beleive that only Lightroom is correct and all other apps, monitors and browsers are wrong (whihc may be true from a technical standpoint), the true problem is that you and I want to PREVIEW the image in Lightroom in the same way that the final image will appears ACCROSS all platforms (not just on a fancy color-correct app on a perfectly color calibrated monitor, which most people viewing your image don't have anyway!).

My problem was the same- I edit the images to my liking in Lightroom, export them in sRGB, and post them to my Shopify website and Instagram only to find that they appear darker and muddier.

So the solution for me was to view the image in Lightrom in the same way it will appear accross web-based apps: in sRBG.  So now I know that what I am editing is what I am getting in my final exported result.  There is a helpful thread for it here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/can-you-review-images-ins... but basically you need to enter "soft proofing" mode in Lightroom Classic in order to change the default preview settings to "sRGB".  I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great. I've been using LR for years but was ignorant of this point. An absolute life saver! Unfortunately I just spent weeks on a project and all the images are too dark. Hey ho. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above link is no longer valid. Please can you help me out and explain what to do?

I'm having the same problem... Exporting images out of Lightroom and they appear a bit darker and washed out. I import the same (prev exported) image back into LR and put it side by side with the original - and they look different! 

Please help if you can?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please create a new thread, this one is almost four years old.

Tell us what operating system you're using and what application you're using to view the exported images.

Also post screenshots that illustrate the issue.

Do not attach the screenshots, use the Insert Photos button in the toolbar.

Insert-photos.png

The link above has a comma at the end, this one will work, but Soft proofing is not likely to fix your problem.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-ecosystem-cloud-based-discussions/can-you-review-images-ins...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines