• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a tiff to iOS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a tiff to iOS it will only arrive as a jpeg no matter what settings I choose in lightroom. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly how are you “exporting” to iOS?

“Arrive” means what (how, step by step)?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the picture that I want to export I press the square icon. Go to export to camera roll. Go to settings. Change to tiff and 16 bit etc. then export. A 41.6mb photo exports to the camera roll as a jpeg 1.8mb. No matter what I try I can not get it to export as a tiff   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are exporting FROM Apple Photos?  Or to Photos FROM Lightroom?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To photos from lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To photos from lightroom. 

By @gary27230433qeoo

See my last post on how to export from LR as a TIFF.

Photo's should import a TIFF as a TIFF thereafter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting with a 41mb raw cr3 photo in lightroom and trying to export a lossless tiff version to iOS so that I can export this data to a printing company. What I am getting is a 1.8mb jpeg no matter what I do. I do not want a lossy dng file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am starting with a 41mb raw cr3 photo in lightroom and trying to export a lossless tiff version to iOS so that I can export this data to a printing company. What I am getting is a 1.8mb jpeg no matter what I do. I do not want a lossy dng file. 

By @gary27230433qeoo

If you want a TIFF from LR, that's easy; simply export it as a TIFF and set up the Export presets for size (resolution/pixels), color space etc. You'll get a rendered TIFF from that CR3. Example:

Export_TIFF.jpg

With the Image Sizing check box off, you export full resolution of the original. 

I'm at a loss as to what Apple Photo's is doing here, but it should import this TIFF as a TIFF. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look at selecting size. But I don't get why apple is doing this. I would like to know if this is an apple issue or a lightroom issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be LR. It exports a TIFF as shown. 

What Apple Photos does with it and why Apple Photos is anywhere in the workflow I can't say. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a misunderstanding between the other replies and what you are saying, especially if you do not see the Export dialog box others are posting. I think I might have a better idea of what is going on.

On the picture that I want to export I press the square icon…

By @gary27230433qeoo

If the picture below is what you are seeing, then this is the first misunderstanding. Does the picture below highlight the “square icon” you mentioned? If so, you’re asking a question about Lightroom on iOS, but you posted in the Lightroom Classic (macOS and Windows) forum. That’s why the answers you are getting are about Lightroom Classic, which is not what you are using. This question would have gotten a better answer faster in the Lightroom forum.

Lightroom-iPad-OS-Share-Export-to-Files.jpg

Now, about the settings:

On the picture that I want to export I press the square icon. Go to export to camera roll. Go to settings. Change to tiff…

By @gary27230433qeoo

It works fine for me, but I do see a possible way that it might not work. After you adjust the settings, be sure you tap the check mark, not the x. The x will close without saving changes (like a Cancel button), while the check mark closes and saves the changes you made (like an OK button).

Lightroom-iPad-OS-Share-Export-to-Files-TIFF-settings.jpg

When I do it that way, making sure to tap the check mark to close and also save the Export Settings, it works fine. The picture below is from the Apple Photos camera roll on iOS, and it shows that the photo exported from Lightroom to Camera Roll is in fact a TIFF.

Lightroom-iPad-OS-Share-Apple-Photos-TIFF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Conrad C 

Yes, that method works fine from LrC Mobile the Photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agree with Conrad’s post, works for me also.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can export a tiff to Photos on my iMac from Lightroom Classic using the options as shown in the screen capture and it arrives there as a tiff. See the second screen capture for the file info in Photos.

How do you send the image from Photos on the iMac to iOS on iPad or iPhone I have no idea since I do not use the "Photos" app very often.

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 7.15.13 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-11-20 at 7.19.01 PM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a RAW as Tiff to my Mac and then Airdropped it my Iphone and it ended up in the Camera Roll. It showed up correctly as a Tiff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Bob, works for me also iMac airdrop to iPad, had not tried that previously. Done iPhone to iPad many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this document:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Now what program are you working in? Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines