• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Files from LR with a missing folder

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please- I moved a folder from my laptop to an external drive. I needed to free space on my macbook, and deleted the files from my computer because they were on my hard drive. Somehow, the files got corrupted and will not open. I can still see the images in my catalog but because the original file was deleted, they obviously say missing folder. Is there anyway to get these images to export in any manner?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still see the rendered preview, so why not re-link to the moved folder before you export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder was deleted, not just moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ohsnapitsbri  wrote

The folder was deleted, not just moved.

So does the FOLDER exist on the External HD, and does it contain all the original photo FILES?

If so- then Plug in the External drive and follow the guide to re-link a FOLDER in the Chapter "Locate Missing Folders"- https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/create-folders.html#main-pars_heading_6

How to create and manage folders in Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC

You are now making Lightroom re-link the catalog to the new location of the Folder (with the files) on the External drive.

If the original photo FILES have been deleted from both the internal and external drives, then you are 'in trouble' and your only recourse will be to recover the files from the Trash, or from file backups you have made.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines