Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Library from Filtered Group

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classis 12.0.1 on MacbookPro

Workflow issue - when in the Library module and filtering a folder of images by attribute how do you stay in the sorted /filtered view after exporting an image? After I filter my images by 3 stars or another attribute, I pick specific images to export. But after every export, I must re-filter all the photos again... over and over, there is no back button or other way to stay in filtered mode while selecting images of export. This is true whether you keep all the sorted images in group view mode or when viewing a single image from the filtered batch exporting and returning to group view.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can lock your filters by closing the little padlock in the right corner of the filter bar.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remember that locks everything to the one filter unless you turn on 'Remember Each Sources' Filter Seperately in File>Library Filters. Then you can have different filters on folders and collections which stay on. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - I will incorporate this into my workflow from now on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be nice if the lock changed color to red or something that way you would not forget it is on - I totally missed that little lock in the corner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, thanks very much! I tried searching for the answer but couldn't find the right way of asking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines