• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting from Lightroom Classic and sky changing color

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope someone can help. When I export from Lightroom Classic there is a color shift to cyan in the sky as seen in the attacment below.  I have changed in the camera to both color space Abobe RGb and sRGB and this doesn't have an effect. I have my monitor Dell U2711 color calibrated with Xrite i1 Display Pro and haven't been having any issues only in the last week. This is with every image I have a sky in.  I have used Photoshop new tool Sky replacement and I have manualy masked in sky with my own blue sky but no matter that it looks perfect in lightroom but as soon as export it changes to Cyan. 

I have seen other posts saying not to view in Windows picture viewer so I downloaded IrFan View which is supposed to work with color management but again the same color shift.  I truly can't for the life of me figure out. I think Lightroom updated software recently so just wondering if this might be the cause. Any suggestions welcome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely a change in the saturation. 

Wide gamut monitor? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I enabled IrFan color management.

Actually when I do open exported file back in Photoshop it does revert back to Lightroom correct color.... so what does this mean 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I downloaded IrFan View which is supposed to work with color management but again the same color shift."

1. Did you enable Irfanview's color management?

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.45.58 PM.png

2. When you open the exported image in Photoshop, does it look the same as in LR?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry seemed to have messed up post reply order ... 

1)  Yes I did turn on IrFanview color management.

2) Yes when I do open the exported file back in Photoshop the color reverts back to the origianl color that was in Lightroom...   🙂  Why is this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John is right. When something like this happens, it's always caused by a break in the color management chain. No exception.

No pixel values change by the act of saving or exporting. But it needs to be correctly represented in the destination color space, in this case the monitor color space, and only color managed applications do that.

If it displays incorrectly in an application, that application is not doing color management correctly, or at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks guys, better get a better understanding of color science and workflow.... deep dive requied to get to bottom but at least I have something to go on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That the colors look the same in LR and PS but different in Irfanview with color management enabled suggests something going wrong with Irfanview.  I use it very rarely but many others have reported success with its color management.   

For other fast external viewers on Windows that are color managed, other popular options are Firefox and Faststone (you have to enable color management explicitly).  

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines