• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting: Names Issue

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before one of the last updates, when I chose [File Naming, rename to "Custom Name - Original File Number"], I got a custom name with the original file number, as it is supposed to. Now I get "Custom Name - Sequence", even if I choose "Custom Name - Original File Number". Very annoying.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When was that photo imported? Lightroom Classic only stores the original file name since rather recently, so if you export an image that was imported (and renamed) say two years ago, then the original file number suffix might not be available to Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported the pictures a few days ago. I am using the original file names without any problems since a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you creating this file name syntax on the fly, or are you creating a template, a preset?

A screenshot or two of what you are doing may help.

And see: 

Julieanne Kost's Blog | Renaming Files in Lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines