• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exporting photos by order I want not capture time

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to export photos in an order I want rather than the capture time.  How do I do that?  Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give a little more background on what you are trying to do? If you want them in a custom order there are a few ways to accomplish this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to export my photos to another person in a customized order and not in the order that I took them.  I am in a photo group and want to export them to the group leader in the order I want them to be.  Instead of being in the order I took them, I'd like them to be arranged by the order I select, such as by my favorite to least favorite or by topic.  Thanks for your help. Meg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meg - thanks for clarifying. One approach would be to add a number to the front end of the file name while you are in the Library Module in the Grid View. In the right most column under the Metadata panel click in the Filen Name field and add the appropriate number in Front of the file name. That way when you export the images they will be in the order that you want them. If you have the images already in order in your collection it should be quick to it this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can place the photos in a Collection and then Custom Sort them to the order you want, best first, worst last.  Then select and export using a Rename during export like this

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 3.47.57 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's very helpful Bob.  I use the collections to gather and then sort my images so am familiar with it.  So, I will create a preset to sort the images in the order that i have placed them in the Collections.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines