Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Exporting Presets

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I need help bad! I have Lightroom 5 downloaded onto my computer and I created a preset and tried to export it how you export a photo and completely messed up the settings! I haven't the slightest idea how to reset them! Now when I go to export a photo, it just exports a weird DNG😭

[Mod: Moved to the Lightroom ecosystem forum]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, to explain more, for those of you who have Lightroom will understand what I mean when I say export. You go to library and in the left corner on the bottom are the import/export options. Well I watched a tutorial and in it they said to select the export button. Under that there are two preset wedges in the upper left corner. I selected one and selected that they be exported as DNGs or whatever those are, and now I can't get my normal settings back! Now it only exports the preset, not the picture no matter what picture it is. I'm not techy to this is super confusing 😭

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm the version you are using: Lightroom or Lightroom Classic? Also, let us know the exact version number as well as your OS.

Do you want to reset the developments made or the export settings?

Please be more detailed in where you come from and what you are trying to achieve.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's Lightroom, Pre-Lightroom classic. I am trying to reset some settings, I explained that in my reply to myself.

Mod Edit: Changed wording to prevent repeated moves to the Lightroom Eco forum. Please leave this in Classic!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two pics of my  version for reference.

553062F4-6DDD-4163-9DD3-1CCF86E886F8.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DD6B4C44-5752-48CB-834E-E092280022F8.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: You are using the (very) old Lightroom 5, a predecessor of Lightroom Classic, before Lightroom (cloud) was even born.

I move this to the correct forum - It was moved before by mistake.

Anyhow, it's still (at least to me) not clear what you are trying to do.

What type is the source photo - jpg or raw?

Are you trying to export to jpg or to DNG?

Are you trying to reset the developments to the state the photo was at import?

FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_Lightroom

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link will take you to a video of exactly what I did, but now and trying to undo. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/export-presets-settings-plug-ins.html 

is it more clear now? I can't figure out how to reset the settings after changing them to export my presets.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That video you link is not about "Exporting Develop Presets". It is about creating an EXPORT PRESET that you can ADD to the Preset panel of the Export dialog, allowing you to 'Save' export settings for various versions and option in Exports.

2022-09-29 11_22_54-Window.jpg

And if you do NOT want to export a DNG type file- Change it in the Export dialog to JPG or TIF for example.

2022-09-29 11_25_52-Window.jpg

Exporting Images - YouTube

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.0.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.0, Lightroom 6.0, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"created a preset and tried to export it"

In the 'old' Lr5 - Develop Presets are saved in a folder as .LRTEMPLATE type files.

In your system they will most likely be in a folder like this-

C:\Users\{Your Name}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets

You do not need to "Export Presets"- you only need to Copy&Paste them from the folder location.

As for Image Exports-  When you open the Export dialog, you select the file-type [Image Format] you want, eg. JPG. (Note DNG is a raw-type of file only viewable in a raw editor like Lr.)

2022-09-25 09_46_38-Export One File.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 12.0.1 Photoshop 24.0.1, ACR 15.0, Lightroom 6.0, Lr-iOS 8.0.8, Bridge 13.0, Windows-11.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines