• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting RAW from Lightroom with adjustments?

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to make adjustments in Lightroom and export them back to RAW with adjustments visible? This isn't the normal workflow for my portrait side gig. For my main 9-5er, our client got a photoshoot back from a photographer that is all underexposed (thousands of images). So when we upload to the DAM, you can barely view them. So we did a batch exposure adjustment but when we try exporting to RAW or DNG, our adjustments are not visible. Is there a workaround? The only other thing I can think of is exporting jpgs with adjustments to have an alternate view to the RAW, but it might be a lot of work.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right to export as DNG. The embedded preview should contain an adjusted preview and any DAM should see that. Maybe focus on why it isn't doing so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I exported as DNG from LR Classic and the image thumbnail does seem to show the adjustments. If I hit space bar for view, it doesn't show the adjustments. We might need to test to see if the adjustments show up on the DAM preview. I'll also need to try it from the LR version my co-worker is using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines