Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External control of Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to be able to work with Lightroom from another application in Windows.

The idea would be:

- Work with a picture in app A.

- At some point, and from A's UI, click a button and Lightroom opens with that picture imported.

I've seen other posts asking something similar for plain Lightroom (see: HERE & HERE) and the suggested way to do it is via a plugin.

My question is if this is also the way to go for Lightroom Classic.
Thanks!

TOPICS
SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  forgot to mention that in this other post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/new-documentation-lightroom-controller-...) it mentions some documentation regarding the topic of writing such  a plugin.
Unfortunately, it seems that the download is not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you'd need a plugin to do this with LR Classic.  Both those posts are referring to LR Classic, not Lightroom Cloud.   You might check out @kimaldis's plugin, described in the second post -- it might provide exactly what you want or be customizable with a small amount of Lua code to do what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My plug-in would handle this. You would write Python scripts that would send code to the plug-in to do pretty much whatever you pleased, then run them from a command line. I have an intro and some demos on my site, there's no command line demo but the Alfred example uses Python in this way. It should be pretty straightforward. 

I'm at an interesting point in the development of this tool. It started off as quick and dirty hack for something I needed to do but over the pandemic I needed something to occupy my mind and it evolved into something more general. I'm finding it very useful and I'd like to see others getting use out of it but would some work - documentation, code tidying - might be needed befor inflicting it on others.  I might be up for putting the code into the public domain if it was likely to become more widely used. I'm open to ideas. 

it's not really an end user tool, I see it more as something a developer might build off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, it was developed on MacOS, so it works for sure on Apple  I've had it running on Windows a while back but it'll neeed checking to see if it still does. It shouldn't be hard to fix if it doesn't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! I'll take a look at your plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I'll take a look as suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines