• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External Drive not showing in Lightroom

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a remote hard drive with all my pictures - WD Cloud.  When I login to the drive and then open Lightroom the folders with my pictures showed in Lightroom.  It now doesn't, the drive is working and and I can't work out why lightroom is now not connecting to the remote drive.  Looked at loads of stuff but can't find anything that covers this issue.  Appears to have happened after an update.

I have a Macbook pro.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WD Cloud. 

Is that a Western Digital My Book Live NAS?

If so, big oh Frag moment perhaps.

Very nasty possability:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/hackers-use-zero-day-to-mass-wipe-my-book-live-device...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My drives have not been wiped, I can still access via Finder, just not showing in Lightroom. I've just tried importing a couple of folders and the link is now there but it looks like I am going to have to re import all the folders again!!

Carole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was it after an update to macOS? If so check your Mac preferences > security and privacy and ensure Lightroom Classic has permissions to acces the drive.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion I had a look in system preferences > security and privacy but can see any reference to Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a sceenshot of LrC, showing the Folders Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I can now see the drive it appeared after I imported a folder from the drive but it looks like I will have to re import all the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Folders panel, clicking on the folder in question, you might want to attempt a sync folder.

Others may strongly disagree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have asked previously.

Did you perhaps, outside if LrC, rename the drive? The folder on the drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No

Get Outlook for Android

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. That remote drive, WD Cloud . WD has several products and services called WD Cloud.

Is this a external hard drive?

or

*s this a NAS?

or

Is this cloud storage?

or

Is this a hybrid use of WD tech where you access a hard drive via the cloud? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be sure you have the Lightroom Catalog file opened that was used to import the image files originally.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh dearm so simple, that's done it.  I had forgotten that I opened a recent trip in a new catalogue.  All sorted.  Thanks all.

Carole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines