Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

External HD storage + Cloud Storage Workflow Recommendations

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm new to all of this and am not sure how to ask the questions so I'll just lay it all out there...

My goal is to store the pictures I take with my Sony a7riii on both a cloud backup and an external HD.  I want to minimize the amount of HD space I take up on my Macbook and iPad Pro.  I use Adobe Lightroom to edit photos on my iPad and Adobe LR Classic on my Macbook.  I have 2TB of cloud storage on Lightroom and Adobe Creative Cloud (I think, that part is confusing me).

Ideally, my workflow would be to move the pictures from my camera to either my macbook or ipad pro, make edits there, and then when I'm done, remove them from the device's hard drive to my external hd AND cloud storage.

Open to any and all recommendations, like I said, I'm just getting strated....any organizational tips would be appreciated to. 

Please and thank you 🙂

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. That topic can be confusing. I’d love to help you figure that out.

Lightroom Classic does not sync & upload videos, and it can download videos already present on the Lightroom Cloud.

You can use Adobe Lightroom (desktop) to upload & sync videos.

Please read this Sync-related FAQ to help you set up and organize your Lightroom Ecosystem: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

We hope this helps you get started,

Thanks!

Sameer K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,

Thanks for reaching out. That topic can be confusing. I’d love to help you figure that out.

Lightroom Classic does not sync & upload videos, and it can download videos already present on the Lightroom Cloud.

You can use Adobe Lightroom (desktop) to upload & sync videos.

Please read this Sync-related FAQ to help you set up and organize your Lightroom Ecosystem: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/sync-faq.html

We hope this helps you get started,

Thanks!

Sameer K

By @Sameer K

Why the discussion of videos? This was not mentioned by the OP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is to store the pictures I take with my Sony a7riii on both a cloud backup 

If you mean backup in the Adobe cloud, you are in the wrong forum. This is the Lightroom Classic forum, and Lightroom Classic does not make backups of your photos anywhere, and certainly not in the Adobe cloud.

You can make backups of your photos in the Adobe Cloud with the software named Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic) but then you should discuss this in the proper forum, which is the Lightroom (ecosystem) forum. However, Lightroom does not have many of the editing features and organizing features of Lightroom Classic. You really have to decide which software you want to use (or maybe you want to use both).

Ideally, my workflow would be to move the pictures from my camera to either my macbook or ipad pro, make edits there, and then when I'm done, remove them from the device's hard drive to my external hd AND cloud storage.

Sounds more like a job for Lightroom (not Lightroom Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines