• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra Empty Directories

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After removing millions of empty directories from com.adobe.dunamis, I opened LR 11.4.1 and it immediately regenerated 2,115,391 new empty directories.
Not only are Adobe applications unusable on my machine, but I’ve had to spend days cleaning up the mess.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure Lightroom is doing this? I have never heard of this bug in relation to Lightroom, but it seems a known issue with some other Adobe apps: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/what-is-com-adobe-dunamis/m-p/12376858

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I checked out that thread. I can only say that after I had cleaned out the old dunamis directory, I opened LR, imported a few images from a card, and watched a Windows Explorer window as millions of new directories were created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

- I've the problem Photoshop does not open after upgrade 23.4.2 but the 'process' photoshop.exe run heavily ... 

- Adobe support try to fix it with many uninstall/install .. without success.

Finaly, PS run in another userWindowsAccount ... AdobeSupport conclude 'it's a Microsoft problem' ... 😞

so, ... 

- With Procmon.exe I see a 'Access Denied' in '%appdata%\com.adobe.dunamis' ... I check the directory and found 1.2MILLION of empty directory ... 

- I understand Photoshop try to create 'dunamis' resources but fail then retry to another directory ... no end...

- I reboot to kill memory about Photoshop activity.

then with powershell I rename to .bad 

rename-item -path $($env:appdata)\com.adobe.dunamis -newname $($env:appdata)\com.adobe.dunamis.bad

- I create a new com.adobe.dunamis  

new-item -Path $($env:appdata) -Name com.adobe.dunamis -ItemType Directory

I set the security to 'Full Control' for all users and I add myself with 'Full control' (right click + properties + security + modify )

then ... Photoshop start and run perfectly :-), I suggest it's same for LR

I use powershell to remove com.adobe.dunamis.bad ... explorer.exe can't do it, too many items. 

remove-item -path $($env:appdata)\com.adobe.dunamis.bad -Force -Recurse

I hope this help anyone.  

manu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I'm following a similar strategy. PowerShell appears to be the best route for cleanup. Wasting lots of time trying to clean up the mess from this Adobe bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines