• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face Detection - Not Making Suggestions

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to get LR classic to make easy face dectection suggestions.

I will run Face Detection on a folder and it appears to find the faces without issue, it may even suggest a few that are spot on, but then it stops when there are many very clear and known/previouely named faces in the folder.

It used to do this very well and appears to have become much worse in the past year.

I have taken the same folder and choosen to run the face detection again only to have the same issue.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS - I've read many other posts about issues with the LR Face Detection capability. I'd alos be open to hearing about any other Mac OS software known to help detect faces and asssign keywords based on learning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot showing an image that LrC face detection fails on. The screenshot should be of the full image as we need to see the context within which face detection is working. Also, provide the file type (raw, jpeg, tiff, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ian - forgive me - but I do not care to post photos of myself of friends in the chat - I literally have images from the same take, taken sequencially, head on, that are clear as can be, full face, where LR suggests for one image and then skips all others and stops suggesting all together. Having been a professional photographer for over 34 years I can tell you these are as easy as it can get for Face Detecttion AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ian - forgive me - but I do not care to post photos of myself of friends in the chat

In that case, I suggest that you try resetting the LrC preference file and that it fixes the issue. Doing so tends to fix odd behaviour, but I suspect there's more going on than a corrupt preference file

Use Method 1 at https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  Will this wipe out those faces that have beeen detected and forget the database of known faces?  I ask becuase I have spent years cataloging faces on over 900k + images.  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the face data, people tags, etc are stored in the catalog. Resetting preferences will not  affect the catalog data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That does nothing. I am waiting for the day when Adobe admits they have a big problem with face detection. I'm a photo manager - and an Adobe Certified Expert - and I'm so frustrated with face detection working one minute and then absolutely not finding further faces for individuals that have already been identified. Either the similar shows '0' or a whole mess of faces that seem to be the exact opposite of similar. The change from 'working' in a catalog to 'not working' happens without warning and so is not something repeatable that you can demonstrate to Adobe support. This leads to constant questions about what version I'm using or what IOS - none of that makes any difference - I have all kinds of catalogs on different systems, this problem has been happening for the past two years - and since I pay my subscription fee along with everyone else I really wish Adobe would fix this problem. It is not ok to have people losing the faces that have been identified (also happens occasionally) or to have Lightroom suddenly unable to find faces going forward. BTW exporting files and reimporting doesn't work, rebuilding the catalog doesn't work. I've tried it all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines