Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug report 

Issue

• 11.0 Release
  • OS Version Number: Mac OS Monteray 12.0.1

Steps to reproduce:

1. In develop module repeatedly push the arrow key to select the next thubnail.
  2. Expected result: The selected thumbnail image changes in the develop window.

Actual result:- The selected image in the develop window will not keep up with the selected thumbnail.
It gets to a point where the image in the develop module is different from the one in
the library module.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be a Monteray issue.  It works fine on Big Sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly it did it in Big Sur so I upgraded to Monteray to see if that fixed the issue but it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A moderator should move this thread to the Bugs section of this forum so that the right people see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are watching the thread and will move it when appropriate. Rest assured it is being seen.

Thanks

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for watching this thread.

The problem has dissipated over time and the thumbnial is now in sync with the main window.

I have a large catalogue containing over 81000 images (over 3Tb of data) and what I think happend is that the new version of Lr Classic was some how re-cataloging these files and has after around 5 hours finished. Is this a  possible answer?

There was certainy a lot of disk activity which has now stopped.

Thanks

John A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be testing it on my M1 with Monterey later to confirm. 

Thank you for the update!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue, drives me mad, I have to click several images then back to the one I want to edit and eventually it will select it but it's very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Giving thought to this issue- I understand that when we select an image on the filmstrip of the Develop module- LrC has to find and 'load in' the image data from the original file. If camera files are large, (or on a 'slow' drive.) that will be time consuming, especially selecting several in quick succession. Develop module does not use ordinary previews (including 1:1).

LrC does have some AI that is pre-emptive of the 'next image' you might load into Develop, but I guess that has limits, and possibly cache size limits.

Perhaps it is quicker to jump to Grid view with shortcut [G] (or Loupe view [E] ), select the next image to develop (either in a folder or a current viewed collection), then jump back to Develop with shortcut [D] .

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines