• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature missing in Photoshop when sending from Lightroom?

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I've been working on a photo in lightroom (LR) and send it to photoshop (PS) from within LR the shake reduction tool is missing from the sharpen menu. However, if I open PS first and then send a photo from LR to PS the shake reduction feature is there.

Does anyone know why this is occuring and whether there's a fix please? Is there a way to unlink PS from LR and then relink it again.

Obviously it's far from the end of the world if I have to open PS first but I'm curious as to know why, and I'd like it to work properly if I can. 

I'm running Mac OS Monterey on an M1 Max Macbook Pro. All software (Adobe CC) and OS are up to date.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe removed the shake reduction tool from the latest version of Photoshop. It sounds like you have two versions installed. If you open Photoshop first, you probably open it from the icon in the dock, and apparently that icon still links to the old version.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, sorry for the delay I didn't get a notification. Why have they removed it and is there anything similar?

You're right in that I went back and reinstalled an older verion of PS from my time machine backup which I have alongside the current version. However, with the very latest version if I send direct from LR then shake reduction is missing, however if I open the latest version of PS first and then send from LR then the shake reduction option is there, however it doesn't work as when I try to use it I get a pop up saying "could not complete shake reduction command because the file was not found". Any idea why it's saying that it's there but it's not?

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 07.43.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe removed it because it uses depreciated technology, meaning it is using functionality that Apple is phasing out. That may explain why you get an error if you try to use it in an older version of Photoshop.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines