• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: Mask effect memory doesn't transfer between brush/gradient/auto subject etc.

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new "feature" in the latest versions of LR and it's driving me crazy. Here's a common scenario:

-I whiten a subject's teeth using the brush mask

-I then go to the next photo and use Select Sky to create a mask to darken the sky. However, LR remembers the last effect was Teeth Whitening so it automatically applies that effect to my sky mask (even though the last sky mask I applied was custom--exposure -.50 and saturation +15--for example).

This seems really silly. It would be nice if brush mask always remembers the last effect used for brush mask, linear gradient always remembers the last linear gradient effect, etc. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this to what I hope is an appropriate forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how have you set the option at the base of the Tool Adjustment Sliders?

2022-03-10 12_24_17-Window.jpg

And, yes, unfortunately the Slider settings are common to both Brush and Gradient tools.

If you do NOT check the "Reset..." option, the other way is to [Double-click] on 'Effect' or choose another preset.

2022-03-10 12_26_43-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if it worked that way but it doesn't. The simplest solution is to create a preset for the sky mask, then you can quickly apply the same adjustment to next image with a sky mask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the replies. I understand how it currently works and have found workarounds as you describe, but am requesting this as a feature that I think would be useful (it sounds like it would be useful to others as well). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines