Google translation: "LRC allows you to change the capture time of photo files. (via metadata menu-edit capture time). MP4 files are not included in this routine. Nb: the capture time is labeled "media created" in the file properties which are structured differently. Is there an equivalent routine in LRC ... or another tool?"
LR normally does let you change the capture time of MP4s with Metadata > Edit Capture Time:
When you select a .mp4 in Library and do Edit Capture Time, what exactly do you see (or don't see)?
I am french, so pls accept that my wordings may be approximative and i am using a french version of LR and Windows.
1) Preliminary situation :
First of all, i loaded into LR a directory with mixed jpeg and MP4 files
I then wanted to change the capture time of my photos and videos taken in Panama (that means -6 hours from Belgium)
Via Metadata > Edit Capture Time > adjust the number of hours
BUT all MP4 files were rejected !!! The reason why of my request for assistance
2) As per your message the process looks the same BUT
- In example, for the attached picture the ID is … 20220201-091030.MP4 (an Android photo : nb, the issue is the same with non-Android ones) Sorry my MP4 file is 55MB and i cannot load it but is available if needed.
- Windows properties-details-media created shows : 2022/02/01-15:10 (see attachment LR-1) (*)
- While LR metadatas shows 14:10 that is one hour less : why ? (see attachment LR-2)
So i need to adjust the nbr of hours by -5 instead of -6
- then you can see, the time is correctly adjusted to 09:10 (see attachment LR-3)
BUT i was unable to save the corrected metadatas.
The metadatas menu does not autorise to record the metadatas into files : menu is greyed (see attachment LR-4)
Then i used the menu file-export-all metadatas and the result is : todays date/time recorded !!! (see attachment LR-5)
(*) during those investigations, i discovered a bug in Android managing date/time in the properties as :
- photos : it is OK as the ID of the photo shows the same date/time as in the properties
- videos : it is not OK as while the ID of the photo shows the correct date/time but the properties show the date/time of the original country : Belgium (+6 hours)
Be cautious i am not permanently at home, so my reaction may take some time.