• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File can’t be found but no question mark on folders

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on several weddings. My external ssd was getting full so I got another one and when I plugged it in, it had the same name as the other. They were plugged in at the same time and I began importing new photos, and LR Classic was open while I was doing this. 

when I went back into LR to edit more and import to new collections, all of my photos now said file cannot be found. 

but when I am in the Library module, each folder does not have a question mark. 

I tried right clicking on the photo and locating the enclosing folder, which then lets me find the correct path. But it does nothing to make the error message go away. 

I quit LR and renamed the new drive, keeping everything on my original drive the same. When I opened LR again, the same error occurs. All of the file names are the same. The folders and my collections do not have question marks, but every photo has the can't be found message. If I try individually to find and file and then select the correct photo for that file, it still doesn't fix the error message. 

I have thousands and thousands of photos that have already been edited and need to be sent off, so starting over is not an option for me. Can anyone help me fix this problem?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My external ssd was getting full so I got another one and when I plugged it in, it had the same name as the other.

Try this:

change the name on BOTH external HDs, and in such a way that the disk names don't match

Then re-connect the folders from Disk 1 to whatever the new name of Disk 1 is, and then similarly for Disk 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines