• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Locations not Updated after updating to LR 11.4.1

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to LR classic 11.4.1, files and file locations are not being updated when moving files to another location withn lightroom classic. 

To update the locations, I have manuallly synchronise after every move.  The location I move the files to are a sub folder of the original location.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Is it a bug?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I request clarification?

This move that you talk about, you are dragging and dropping files within the Lightroom Classic interface, is that correct? And then "files and file locations are not being updated" ... exactly what do you see that indicates files and file locations are not being updated? Please be detailed and specific in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I drag and drop the files, as I have done for years.  The stratus indicates moving.  The folder contents however stay the same.  I look at the folders in Windows Explorer, the files have been moved. In lightroom, though, the contents stay the same as before the move.  I have to do a manual sfolder synchronising to update the orginiating and destination folder in lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there missing icons (an exclamation point icon) on the photos in LrC after you do the unsuccessful move?

Synchronizing of folders does not seem to me to be the solution, unless you haven't edited anything.

This seems to be a bug that gets reported every now and then, moving in Lightroom Classic fails for one reason or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumbnails stay the same inLR. No changes.  Manual sync is the only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't asking about the thumbnails staying the same, I was asking if there was an exclamation point icon on the photos after this unsuccessful move.

Sync is the wrong thing to do (and is not the only solution). Re-connecting the photos to their new location is the correct thing to do. https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK.  Saying the thumbnails stayed the same means no exclamation mark, really!!  Sync is the only thing that works, how many times does it need to be said.  If you can't be constructivbe, stop replying.  Hinestly, most of the issues I've reported with LR ends up with the same BS denials and  misdirections.  So fed up with adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines