• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File not found error in Develop Mode

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest update of Lightroom Classic with the current version of Windows 10.  My photos and my catalogue are stored on an external SSD drive which I use with both a desktop and a laptop.  I've been using this setup for over a year.  Every thing works correctly on the Dell desktop.  However, on my Dell XPS  laptop (32 gb of memory) while the photos are showing up in both the Library mode and the Develop mode, when I go into Develop mode, I get a message that "The file could not be found" and the develop options are greyed out.  Any suggestions?

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've found the problem.  On the laptop, the external drive was listed as E: while on the laptop at some point it had become D:  When I changed the drive from D: to E: on the laptop, everything seems to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And to follow up, here is an Abobe Help Page on the topic -"Rename a Hard Drive"

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-loses-photo-location-after-drive-letter-chang...

Rename the 'Photo' drive as "P" or "L" then there is less chance that the drive will be 'lost' by Lightroom-Classic.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines