• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File not found message after manually locating file

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently installed Lightroom Classic to a new computer and it is unable to locate the original file locations.  I have been attempting to manually locate and re-link to the original files (the files are still in their original location and file path on an external drive), however when I do this I go to the develop module and get the error 'file not found' but when I go back to the library window the '!' no longer appears on the thumbnail. Any advice welcome to help me re-link the files. 

I am using Mac

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide one example of the full folder/path name and complete file name with extension. Not a made up example, but an actual folder/path name and file name.

Are any hard disks listed more than once in the Folder Panel of Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a slash (/) anywhere in the path to the images (file name, folder name, disk name)? That would explain it. Using a slash in a folder name is perfectly correct for MacOS, but Lightroom can't deal with it because it uses the slash as folder separator. That means that if you place an image in a folder called something like "Fall/Winter", then Lightroom thinks that this is a folder called "Fall" with a subfolder called "Winter" inside it. Obviously that will result in 'image not found'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines