• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File not found

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had and been using this one hard drive for months.  Now this morning it says file not found in the middle of editing a series of photos. I have updated, I have restarted the computer and it still says that.  I checked the hard drive and my computer does read it.  Problem seems on in LR. Help! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Exactly, where is the photo kept?
  • Did you rename the drive?
  • Did you move or rename a folder on that hard drive containing the photo, outside of LrC?
  • Did you move or rename that photo outside of LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked in finder to see if the computer was reading it and it is.  I can pull up all photos in finder.  I haven't done anything.  I was editing then it wouldn't read the file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! You know, I renamed the actual file on my computer because I had moms name wrong! 🤦🏼‍:female_sign: 

I know that's why now.  Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For future reference - it's very important that you don't rname or relocate images outside of Lightroom Classic. If you do, then Lightroom  Classic will loose track of the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines