• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File number when externally edited

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so this is a strange one. When I use an external editor with Lightroom, when the file would come back the original and externally edited ones would read 1 of 2, 2 of 2 now I don't see that anymore. Can it be turned back on?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!  In Preferences >External Editing tab:  Place a check mark in- [Stack with Original]

stack.jpg

Note you can also change the Filename or suffix that gets added for photos that return from Photoshop.

(I use "Photoshop" instead of the default "Edit". )

Or if you want to Stack, after the event, select the previews to stack and press [Ctrl/Cmd + G]

Press [Ctrl/Cmd + / ] for a list of keyboard shortcuts.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming your image versions are being stacked - and have been in the past - it may just be that these stacking indicators are not showing for you.

This easily happens (unintendedly) with the Filmstrip, when that is reduced below a certain height and its thumbnails become too small to sensibly show info badges. Even if the LrC view options say they should be shown. Enlarging the Filmstrip will in that case show these badges once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines