• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File wrong place after export to PS

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Lr Classic (11.5) and sometimes export files to Photoshop (23.5.1). Then I safe the file so it “returns” to Lr. 

But then occurs the problem: the file does NOT come back to the same place in the Library. This happens when I use the Custom mode (of Sort) in Lr which I always do as a wedding photographer. So - for example - photo # 22 becomes photo # 300 in Lr (after saving it in PS). 
Side note: it happens after photo # 20 or so. No clue why; the first few photos are OK.

So each time I have to drag the photo manually back to the original position in Lr.

How can this be solved?
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know why this happens after photo #20 ... but it is easily avoided. Do the sorting after you finish all the editing, rather than before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is how I worked in the beginning, but sorting as I edit is by far the most efficient way. I rather do not change my workflow and hope there is a technical solution within Lr.
Only thing I consider is, changing from Custom to Time mode, just before I export to PS (and when I am finnished with that file, back to Custom) if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines