• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files are importing to wrong location

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a weird bug with Lightroom Classic right now that started about a week ago. I import photos pretty regurarly, but I think this started after the last MacOS upgrade. I'm on MacOS 13.3.1 and Lightroom 12.3. My file structure is like this 2023 > 05-May > Folder1. If I import Folder1 it should appear nested beneath the other two folders. Instead it's appearing completely outside of the folder hierachy in Lightroom. But if I attempt to drag the folder where it's supposed to be, I'm told that the files already exist there.

This is already kind of becoming a nightmare because I have a bunch of photos I need to import this week but I can't until the file structure is fixed, otherwise they'll be all over the place. I've double-checked my permissions, Lightroom has full disk access. I do use Dropbox and that's where all my photos are stored, however, I specifically have these locally on my machine. This is how I've managed my Lightroom catalogy for years and it's never been an issue before. Anyone have any other advice for what I should try?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be the old, odd, capitalization error. Tyicaly an OS issue.

see:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I sort of solved the problem? I still can't import the way I did before, but if I right-click on a folder and hit "synchronize" it will import all the folders/files correctly. I'm guessing something changed with the last MacOS update about how Dropbox works, because the location of Dropbox did change I think. Not sure what other fun bugs I'm going to encounter, but seems like a workaround for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines