• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Cannot be Copied To Backup Location (125)

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please bare with me :[ First - I am running LRClassic version 10.3. Before I started recieving this message: "Files Cannot be Copied To Backup Location (125)" I had two external drives labeled #1 and #2. drive #1 was my main storage and drive #2 was a backup. All of my photos are stored on these two drives. My LR catalog is being stored on my laptop. I recently added a third drive. I copied all of my files from drive #1 onto this new drive. Once this was successful I named the new drive #1 and changed the name of the old #1 to #3. Now I have drives #1(new) #2 and #3. 

I imported new files through Lightroom from my SanDisk card to be saved on drive #1. Everything worked great. Images were copied into Lightroom and saved on drive #1. Immediately after import the error message:"Files Cannot be Copied To Backup Location (125)" popped up. I went back to the external drive #1 to make sure the files were there and everything was saved. I'm not sure what the problem is.  I'm thinking it has something to do with the Lightroom Catalog. Could it be the Catalog isnt recognizing the new drive? Do I have to make a new catalog because i added the new drive? Help!   

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

That likely means that in the import dialog you have the "Make Second Copy" option checked, but there's an issue with the specific target location (possibly connected to the changing around of your various drives). So, check the dialog to determine which drive and folder location is specified, then try to figure out what the problem might be. Obviously your primary import copy is OK, it's just the second copy that you need to sort out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That likely means that in the import dialog you have the "Make Second Copy" option checked, but there's an issue with the specific target location (possibly connected to the changing around of your various drives). So, check the dialog to determine which drive and folder location is specified, then try to figure out what the problem might be. Obviously your primary import copy is OK, it's just the second copy that you need to sort out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Mr. Wilde,

You have know idea how much agony you have saved me!  I love you<3 !  Thank you for responding to my dilemma.  You were exactly right! The "second copy" option was checked.  I unchecked it and everything is now perfect! 

Sincerely,

Robyn (rreid17)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I don't want more or email.Tanks Danilo Chieregato

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines