• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Missing After Opening Backup Catalog

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue where I accidentally moved some photos in Lightroom Classic and I could no longer find the photos. So I decided to try my backup file that I had just created this morning. I recently moved all of my photos to an external hard drive and a second hard drive for all my back ups, but my main LRC file is stored on my laptop drive (I haven't figured out how to move it yet). After opening the back up file, all the files on my main external harddrive are no longer in LRC, except for 1 folder. But it's showing some of the files on my back up drive. I'm so confused and have no idea how to restore my photos to my Lightroom catalog. Please help!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved your post to LR Classic forum. You need to tell Lightroom where your images are. Are your folders all still there? Lightroom doesn't know about anything you do outside of it. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/locate-missing-photos.html#:~:text=If%20an%20entire%2....

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! The photo's no longer show up in LR, except for 1 folder and its contents. I have a dozen folders that should be showing up, but they aren't there any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom Classic backup process only includes the catalog (lrcat) and the masks data file (lrcat-data). Your photos are not backed up by Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines