• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Not Importing

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am showing 8k photos in Windows File Explorer.  I am only showing 6k photos in Lightroom Classic.  Files are CR2 and jpg.  A quick spot check shows that both file types are being imported in Lightroom.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot please?  Lightroom is up to date.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Default behaviour in LrC is to treat JPEGS that are duplicates of the raw files as sidecar files. This means they will be imported but they can't be seen or edited in the application. However, you can chnage this behaviour for future imports by enabling the preference 'Treat JPEG files next to raw filesas separate photos' as shown in attached screenshot.

sidecar-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try selecting a Folder (A top 'parent' folder) to Synchronize and see if there are files to be Imported.

Like my 2021 Folder has 64 'new' files to Import-

2021-06-16 14_58_37-.jpg2021-06-16 14_58_51-Roberts Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Library.jpg

Is it possible you have many 'Duplicate' files? that LrC will not Import.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version NUMBER of Lightroom Classic? (We need the version NUMBER and not words like "current" or "up-to-date")

What camera took these photos? Be specific.

Why do you think photos are missing from Lightroom Classic? Did you import ALL of them (or synchronize those folders)? Or did you miss some folders? Among your 8k photos, are there duplicates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default behaviour in LrC is to treat JPEGS that are duplicates of the raw files as sidecar files. This means they will be imported but they can't be seen or edited in the application. However, you can chnage this behaviour for future imports by enabling the preference 'Treat JPEG files next to raw filesas separate photos' as shown in attached screenshot.

sidecar-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was totally my problem!  I was able to go back and sycronize my files once I selected this preference.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines