Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filter based on rating bug/lag

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

right hand lower corner Filter: flags / edit / rating / colour etc.

When I change the filter from x stars to y stars one of the following happens every now and then:

- changes to 0 stars

- changes to the desired number and then to 0 stars

- lags and glitches

This has been happening on different LR classic versions. This has been happening over the years. The computer has been formated many times in this time. Windows 10 / 11.

My RAWs are 100 mb each and usualy around 500 of them in a folder or more. I use SSD.

Is there a fix?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset preferences to see if it fixes it at any point? Hold down Shift and Alt on restart to bring up the dialog box for a reset. 

Me personally, I find that I have to press the ratings twice for them to stick. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said it has been going on for some time now with different win OS and different preferences. But as you're saying you just have to click it twice sometimes. Maybe a global bug. I'd rather not reset my preferences at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have 3 stars selected and the filter is ON and then you turn the filter OFF with the switch the selected filters are retained but off.  If you then click the filter bar, the first click turns it back on and the second click will change the filter.  This is as designed I assume as it has been this way for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines