Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Filtering on the Stars attribute doesn't return any photos - "USED PHOTOS"

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  Can anyone help?

When I filter on Star Ratings within a collection Lightroom CC Classic doesn't return any photos.  It says its adding a filter for "USED PHOTOS". but the same search in "ALL Photographs" the search works correctly.  
I can't find "USED PHOTOS" anywhere in the help.  What does this mean and how can I just filter on start ratings?

JohnFe_0-1626234161736.png

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Hi, I think I have solved it.  

JohnFe_0-1626331289694.png

I changed "Custom Filter" to "Rated" and it works.  Now when I turn off filter 

JohnFe_2-1626331566191.png

and then filter by Start rating it works.  I had previously "Restore Filter Preset" but it must not reset the custom filter.    Interestinly when I filter by Star Rating (bt clicking on the Stars" if changes the filter to Custom Filter 

JohnFe_3-1626331649511.png

I have no idea how or when the custom filter got "corrupted" but possibly last time I used the Book module??

JohnFe_1-1626331430981.png

Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collections are throughtout all Modules, so can I check if you're in Library? 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also set Filters to none in the Filter bar, or use Filters in the Filmstrip set to Filters Off, and then select the star rating I wanted. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sean, yes I'm in the Library module.   I've tried setting the filter to None and the on either the filmstrip filter bar or the one at the top of the Grid.  Same issue.  It seems to be related to the "Used Photos".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through a whole series of articles trying to find a reference to Used Photos and can't find a mention of it either.  I use collections and filters extensively and haven't seen it before.

I asked about the collections because you can have Selected Photos as an option in some Modules. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the collection a book collection? I know photos that get used in Book get a number on them in the Filmstrip to show usage in the book layout. Could it be related to that? I've just seen the Used filter in Book. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No not a book - just a library collection.  The  issue occurrs regardless of whether its a synced collection or not. 

JohnFe_0-1626310082322.pngJohnFe_1-1626310291467.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever used the book module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i've used the book module in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to apologize, thought I had come across a link concerning Filtering by Rating (fail) and solution talked of Book Module issue.. Now I cannot find that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC Classic

As Adobe no longer calls the various Lightroom centric programs Lightroom CC any longer, can I ask you to clarify what Lightroom program and version you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JohnFe_0-1626305188660.png

Although the issue also occurred rior to the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Library menu bar, disable filters, then enable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, in that screen shot included in your not in book reply, Upper shot, in the lower area, the White Flag, as in Flagged Photos. And it does not appear any of them are flagged.

Image 2.png

For those not seeing that icon in the toolbar, over on the right, Select Toolbar Content. (not a default apparently)

Image 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think I have solved it.  

JohnFe_0-1626331289694.png

I changed "Custom Filter" to "Rated" and it works.  Now when I turn off filter 

JohnFe_2-1626331566191.png

and then filter by Start rating it works.  I had previously "Restore Filter Preset" but it must not reset the custom filter.    Interestinly when I filter by Star Rating (bt clicking on the Stars" if changes the filter to Custom Filter 

JohnFe_3-1626331649511.png

I have no idea how or when the custom filter got "corrupted" but possibly last time I used the Book module??

JohnFe_1-1626331430981.png

Thanks for your help.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad, incorrect reply, Deleated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines