• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find photos that have been published via a Lightroom Publishing Service (in particular, SmugMug)?

Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started to use the Lightroom Classic SmugMug publishing service which allows creation and publication of galleries resembling regular collections or smart galleries resembling smart collections.

I'm trying to create a separate smart collection in Lightroom which would contain all photos currently in any of those galleries, or, if that is impossible, find a way to filter the Library to show such photos.

I see an option for a Smart Collection rule called "Source/Published Via" which seems to work if I have it match individual gallery names in the SmugMug publisher, but I can't find any way to match all of my SmugMug galleries unless I enter a separate rule for each (and match on "any").  I also don't see any Library Filter-accessible metadata fields that have visibility to that type of information.

Has anyone done this, and is there an option that I'm missing?

I know that I can look in each Gallery in the SmugMug plugin (or, of course, on the target web site), but I wanted a way to identify all the pictures together.

I'm running latest LR Classic on MacOS Monterrey, but the OS shouldn't matter for this question.
Thanks in advance for any help,

Don

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I see an option for a Smart Collection rule called "Source/Published Via" which seems to work if I have it match individual gallery names"

Hmm, the Published Via rule should match the name you've given to the instance of the publish service. For example, my Zenfolio service is named "jf Zenfolio":

johnrellis_0-1675582786159.png 

And this smart collection finds all the photos published by that service:

johnrellis_1-1675582852239.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No automatic way that I am aware off. I use the same plugin (works great) but this smart collection approach is not possible as far as I know. There might be a way using a plugin such as any filter: https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anyfilter.htm but I don't believe you can use that to create a smart collection. Even then you can always just select all the smugmug published folders hit select all on the images you will be shown and create a new collection from the selection. Won't be dynamic but might be helpful in accomplishing what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"I see an option for a Smart Collection rule called "Source/Published Via" which seems to work if I have it match individual gallery names"

Hmm, the Published Via rule should match the name you've given to the instance of the publish service. For example, my Zenfolio service is named "jf Zenfolio":

johnrellis_0-1675582786159.png 

And this smart collection finds all the photos published by that service:

johnrellis_1-1675582852239.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2023 Feb 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John -

That solved it  It hadn't occurred to me that the instance of the publish service could be referenced by name, rather than the service itself.

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines