• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox and Lightroom Classic incompatability

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, If I open Lightroom Classic simultaneously with Firefox, my computer grinds to a halt. I am not the only one. One of my fellow writers at Fstoppers is experiencing the same issue.

When raising this with Mozilla support, the reply came back:

"Sounds like both Firefox and LightRoom is using the same memory locations an could be slowing down the process. This would be something you need to ask Adobe support since it seems to occur when Firefox and LightRoom process are both used."

I'm using Windows 10, with an AMD A10 processor and 32 GB RAM.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

In the meantime, an inquiry:

• Where do you keep your CAMERA RAW CACHE? /preferences/performance/Camera RAW CACHE/. What hard drive.
  • If C drive, do you have another drive?
  • How large do you allow it to get? What limit?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks. Yes, My drivers are up to date (I use Driver Easy) and I had tried turning the GPU off.  I have an Nvidia GForce GTX 1050 Ti. which is 4 GB. I am using 2 x 1920 x 1080 displays, not 4K, so it should be well within scope. The issue is only with Lightroom Classic and none of the other programs I use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you keep either your catalog or your photos on your network, or the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog is stored on the same 2TB SSD as my OS. Then there are 3 x 1TB SATA SSDs that hold my pictures. Each is backed to the cloud, and are fully synchronised. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open the Windows Event Viewer, what issues show up? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing significant at the times when I have both open at once. There is a Warning that tells me that " The resource 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ISDM.exe' does not exist." appears occasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing significant at the times when I have both open at once. There is a Warning that tells me that " The resource 'C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ISDM.exe' does not exist." appears occasionally.

By @ivortog

So:

C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\Connect\11\ISDM.exe

That has nothing to do with LrC, nothing to do with Firefox, little or nothing to do with Windows. 

ISDM, appears to be a InstallShield Update Service Download Manager. And in your case, for a program from Flexnet.

Flexnet appears to be a provider of various apps for IT asset management, software licensing management, etc. 

Is this computer the property of your employer? is it managed by an IT department? Do they know what this is?

The apparent failure of this app might be fouling your computer up. Any odd thing occuring on a computer should be fixed before thinking another program is not working, buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I am self-employed and built the computer myself eight or so years ago. Flexnet probably manages the licensing of one of the pieces of software I use. That's useful, I'll investigate that further. Thanks you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It apears you are running an antivirus software (Norton). Try disabling it as a test as well as any other AV software. The system interrupts being at 100% is a sign of something else blocking access to the computer's resources which will lock it up. AV is a typical culprit. Also try disabling the grammerly plugin. There are lots of reports of it slowing down firefox enormously and even locking it up. So disable all plugins/extensions in Firefox and disable your AV software.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have already tried disabling the FF extensions to no avail. I'll give the AV a try. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly no difference with Norton switched off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, an inquiry:

• Where do you keep your CAMERA RAW CACHE? /preferences/performance/Camera RAW CACHE/. What hard drive.
  • If C drive, do you have another drive?
  • How large do you allow it to get? What limit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's on the C Drive in the default location. The dive is a 2 TB SSD, less than half full.

I had increased the cache size to 20 GB, but now changed it to 25 GB. 

Yay, I think that may have done the trick. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines