Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix a broken Rob Cole Plugin

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

An update to LR finally broke Rob Cole's awesome Treesync Plugin. It looks for a folder called Filename Templates in the LR folder, doesn't find it and fails. It still works if you don't try file renaming though. I've stuck up a bounty on Bountify to fix it as I wouldn't know where to begin:  https://bountify.co/fix-an-adobe-lightroom-plugin, but if anyone here knows how to fix it or what broke it, pls share how and I'll post that too to speed up the process. Alternatively the bounty is there.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think LR still uses the "Filename Templates" folder for storing renaming templates, and its location hasn't changed.  It's in the "Lightroom" folder you get to when you do Preferences > Presets > Show All Other Lightroom Presetes. 

Are you getting an error message or something else referring to this folder? 

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

The plugin looks inside the Program Files Lightroom folder, but LR is saving inside appdata. Any ideas how to move the LR folder? Otherwise thanks for the tips - have updated the Bountify with that factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some third party plugins started failing at v10.0, Check for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The author of the plugin passed away around 2015?? Do you think Adobe can resurrect him?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - but someone can update the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an error message? What does it say exactly?

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps this is a chunk of code with the item. Replying to you as it's been a while... function Export:getDestBaseName( props, photo, cache )
if props == nil then
app:callingError( "need export params" )
end
local srcBase = LrPathUtils.removeExtension( LrPathUtils.leafName( lrMeta:getRaw( photo, 'path', cache ) ) )
local basename
if not props.LR_renamingTokensOn then -- universal:
basename = srcBase
else -- rename
self:_assurePresetCache( props, photo )
if not self.filenamePreset then
self.filenamePreset = self:_getVerifiedPreset( props.LR_tokens )
if not self.filenamePreset then
app:error( "You must restart Lightroom in order to use selected filenaming preset" )
end
else
--Debug.pause( self.filenamePreset.name )
end
if self.filenamePreset then
--Debug.lognpp( props )
--Debug.showLogFile()
local s
if self.seqNum == nil then
self.seqNum = props.LR_initialSequenceNumber or 1
else
self.seqNum = self.seqNum + 1
end
if not self.filenamePreset.id then
app:error( "how's there a preset with no ID? named '^1'", self.filenamePreset.name )
end
s, basename = LrTasks.pcall( photo.getNameViaPreset, photo, self.filenamePreset.id, props.LR_tokenCustomString or "", self.seqNum )
if s then
if basename then
if #basename > 0 then

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I poked around a bit inside the plugin's source code. It has a fair bit of code for groveling around in Lightroom's presets. That code assumes the old locations of preset folders prior to the big change in presets in LR 7.2 (2018), which happened several years after Rob passed away.  It's more than a 10-minute change, I'm afraid, to bring it up-to-date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John - I am not a coder at all. Last time I found someone on Bountify who updated it (You have to manually set the location of the EXIFTOOL which is a bit of a pain). But Bountify has gone, the thing has stopped working again and the last developer is not replying. Do you have any suggestions on where I could find someone I could pay for a quick job like that? Thanks! Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just sent you a private message about someone who might possibly be interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John.You've been an inspiration. Your kindness and a few hints got me on to GPT-4 which has helped me figure out what's wrong. It's trying to build a preset cache for renaming but the code looks in the appdata location but I had the catalog location set in preferences. Was just about to get new code to adapt and hit my GPT-4 cap. Will resume tomorrow.  I've already set up a button to set the exiftool location. I need to fix this folder issue, clean up the exiftool location references and then I really want to set up a dialog box to allow you to select which of the service instances to publish as otherwise you have to do every one. Jeffrey's plugin is easier to use with my 10 instances but the hierarchy doesn't work for me as it automatically appends the preceding parts of the path to the foldername and you can't switch that off. Roll on the day he puts a button in for choosing the path and I'm not an amateur mechanic trying to keep an old car on the road. Thanks again for your plugins, your contribution to this amazing plugin and being so kind here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you're making some progress on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John - I'm back doing LR and realised I didn't reply again. Sorry 😞

2023-08-02 22:12:21 com.robcole.TreeSyncPublisher ERROR ****** ERROR #1: TreeSync Publisher export terminated prematurely due to an error - [string "Export.lua"]:1115: You must restart Lightroom in order to use selected filenaming preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines