• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed: Support for Nikon Z6 II Camera

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my Z6 II but i was not able to download all the raw files to Lightromm Classic

please help

Regards

Gan

{Moderator Note: Edited title}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom Classic 10.1, Lightroom 4.1, and Camera Raw 13.1 which includes the support for the Nikon Z6 II camera.

Here's the list of new cameras and lenses

Let us know if that helps and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 134 Replies 134
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O. And I'm on a PC not Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you using Luminar, I have been uploading my Z6 II raw files to Luminar then transfering them to LR classic. As long as I keep my memory card in until I save all my edits to a desktop file they are reccognised. This has been the only other way I have found to get around the slow moving LR Z6 II raw file update. Hope this can help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not support the raw files of the nikon Z6ii. Is there a way to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Nikon software to convert the RAW to TIF, adn then you can import the TIF into Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I made a Youtube video with the fix today. It allows you to open + edit the Nikon Z6ii RAW files in Lightroom, Photoshop, everything. Not the dng's, not jpegs, the RAW files. And it works perfectly! Here's the link: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb67ge5N01A&t=37s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone on windows / mac this guide shows you how to get these files working and create a workflow for them in the future https://node14.com/Public/Blog/OpenNikonZ6IIRaw.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix worked for a short period of time for me and recently stopped working all together. Still searching on how to edit my files!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @defaultfu2wvj6fjout 

Could you explain further? Start a new thread and describe your problem from scratch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only problem with using this process is that you are not using profiles designed for the new camera. Additionally, when Lightroom and Camera Raw are finally updated to support the model it will be necessary to modify all those files again in order to have Lightroom recognize them and apply the right profiles. If you want to mess around like that, I guess it's okay. The other alternative is to just wait a week or two or maybe longer until the update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think the profiles for the Z6II and the Z6 will be significantly different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you think Nikon created a new outer shell to house the same components? No changes to the camera firmware?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anybody else having issues importing your RAW files from the z6ii??

Tried the converter (DNG) that isn't working either.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet supported:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

And, no, we normal customers have no idea when.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that freaking would have been spectacular to know before I shot a
volleyball match today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or my photography project that I had to get special permission to shoot! tears. Does anyone know any other program that I can use to edit my RAW files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until Adobe can (decompile?) 'read' the new NEF format, and incorporate into Lightroom software, you will need to use the Nikon software to edit-

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/sw/182.html

https://nikonrumors.com/2020/10/20/nikon-software-updated-with-support-for-the-new-z7-ii-and-z6-ii-c...

For new release cameras (Z6ii -November2020?) this often takes one or two releases of Lightroom. We have just had the October v10.0 , so maybe in December you will get Lightroom raw compatability. (As other 'users' we do not have info on releases)

Always a risk buying new cameras- when software has to 'catch up'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you just have to change 2 bytes in the files.

This Z6ii user made a small console line utility that processes all nef files inside a folder:

https://github.com/Juraj-MEX/camera-tools?fbclid=IwAR0YgMrgpzYPdrd4YC1F9rNoGKzGYXhsGaQ-FrIsUEtQBD3-e...

It's Windows only, you have to use Visual Studio to compile this. But hey, it's better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that you just have to change 2 bytes in the files.

This Z6ii user made a small console line utility that processes all nef files inside a folder:

Yes, and you take all the risk of what might happen if this conversion is wrong, and somehow Lightroom Classic reads your photo wrongly and thus will display it wrongly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up using Capture NX-D to read the raw files and output (the mega huge) TIFF file and then read that in Lightroom. Its going to make tournament weekend brutal with the volume of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it suck and kinda messes up ones normal workflow. But just shoot jpg. I always shoot jpg and raw and had to edit the jpgs this weekend and my preset for Raw worked well with the jpg as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes it could work with XNVIEW , furthermore you can convert in jpg files to work later with photoshop or lightroom.

It works also with Photos from Microsoft with an addon and following instructions to install it;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have photo mechanic you can extract the jpgs from the raw and work on those...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If you have photo mechanic you can extract the jpgs from the raw and work on those..."

But the JPGs in the RAW file are just previews, they're not full size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in fact full resolution jpgs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they're still JPGs, 8 bits per channel, instead of RAW which is 12-14 bits per channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines