• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash state in metadata shows wrong

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorting through photos I've taken of my girlfriend. Made a folder for only pictures taken with a flash. But when I sort the pics by Did Fire and Did Not Fire, the metadata has it incorrect. Some pics I know I used flash on are marked as Did Not Fire, and vice versa with some pics I know I didn't use flash on.

I would have thought it was the camera writing wrong metadata, if this hadn't been the case with pics from three (3) different cameras. Two Canons and one Fujifilm.

So what's up, is this a widely-publicised problem, or what?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add: I'm on Windows 10, this post is about an issue with Lightroom Classic version 12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Does the Metadata panel's EXIF tag set show the correct Flash state for the photos, or does it show the wrong Flash state?

johnrellis_0-1677115891285.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines