• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering Screen when maximized

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using LR Classic on three high-end computers here at home. I won't bother with the specs unless someone asks.  I built the two desktops, been assembling computers for over 20 years and it's easier than ever with all the integration.  The first desktop is rock solid. My Dell Alienware laptop is rock solid.  However, my newer Windows 11 desktop is mixed.

I'm using the highly regarded BenQ SW271C as my monitor.  So far I'm using it straight out of the box, no additional tweaks or calibration has taken place.  Likewise I'm using the hockey puck (which switches color space) right out of the box which has the following button configs:

1.   Adobe RGB

2.  SRGB

3.  Rec 709

Only the SRGB selection displays the flickering issue, but even here it's under specific circumstances.  If LR is maximized, I get the flickering (but not always).  If I un-maximize it and use it in a window, the flickering stops.  If I have it maximized and it's flickering, then open up another window, say a browser, in a smaller window in front of it, the flickering stops.  

I don't even know where to start in terms of assigning blame with this, but just wanted to get on record and report on this.  Because I thought it was the monitor's fault at first, I already ordered a replacement and will report on that when I do the swap.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify you have the latest driver for your graphics card (and if its Nvidia, install the Studio driver, not the Gameready driver):

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html#solution-4

Windows Update often doesn't install the latest driver.

Perhaps not the cause of your issue, but it's easy to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great tip, thank you.  I had the latest drivers, but indeed was using the Game Ready drivers.  I have just now ramped up the new monitor, so I will give it a few days and report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So about a week has passed by and I after using my computer without fail every single day this past week, I can report I have not experienced a single flicker under any circumstances.  Whether this improvement stemmed from updating to the Nvidia Studio drivers, or the fact I replaced the monitor I cannot say for sure.  But happy to report all is well again and thanks to John again for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines