• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickr Uploading Fails - Please retry

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a hard time uploading a collection to Flickr this weekend.  I'm quite happy to believe it is a problem on their end (and I'm sure they would blame Lightroom Classic, since their status web page says everything is working fine.)

I'm getting an error message "Can't update this collection. Could not contact the Flickr web service.  Please check your Internet connection."  But my Internet is fine, and I can often upload a few images before it fails.

Could LRC pretty please add an option to the uploader to keep trying?  I've been pressing ok, and then "publish" dozens of times an hour to get this collection uploaded ASAP.  Perhaps the dialog could an option, especially if any uploads have worked (suggesting it is not an authentication issue) to automatically keep retrying.  Even pausing a few seconds before trying again.  But I don't want to keep having to press buttons.

I'm running Lightroom Classic 13.2, but this has been a problem for years. MacOS 14.1.2.  Please make our lives easier by retrying when there are errors!

Please.

-- Malcolm

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your computer connected to your LAN via WiFi or Ethernet?

If WiFi, can you change that to Ethernet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Flickr servers were broken for a day or two and not accepting uploads from LR publish services, but it appears its now working again:

https://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/72157722698865180/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines