Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flip photos from Lightroom to Photoshop and back

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

If I flip my photos from Lightroom Classic (Cmd-E) to Photoshop (2021) I normally edit in PS and clicked save and than the photo flipped back into LR as a TIFF automatically. But..all of a sudden it doesn't do that anymore. I now have to save my photo in photoshop first (so: an extra file on my computer) and only after that save I can close it and it will flip back to photoshop. Those are a lot of extra clicks and extra files on my desktop which I don't like. Is this the 'new normal' or how can I fix this? I tried restarting my computer, also uninstalling an reinstalling the apps, but the problem remains. I've looked in preferences but I cannot seem to find a setting which will fix this. 

Thanks for your answer!

Petra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, both LrC and PS have bug fix updates, have you updated them? Oh and one for Camera RAW.

After that some points that have been brought up, some users have had good luck with these, some have gone thru all with no joy.

• Verify that in LrC, /preferences/esxternal editing.\/ that the correct PS is listed, if not, uninstall PS, reinstall PS 
  • Verify in PS that the correct Camera RAW plugin is listed. If not two possibilities, Camera RAW not updated, or update failed, try update again. 
  • Reset LrC preference file 
  • Reset PS prefrence file 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GoldingD,

Thnx for your answer. I allready cleaned my computer from other PS en LR versions, reinstalled LR Classic en PS (2022) and updated everything but it stays the same :(. In my LR preferences at file handling it says opening in PS 2022 which it does, so that's ok. The problem is flipping back to LR. It doesn't do that anymore by just clicking 'save'. Now there's opening a save screen in which you have to save the file first (as a Tiff, or, if you click 'save a copy' also JPG is an option) and if you do that it will flip the photo back to LR. But that's a lot of extra clicks and I don't want all those extra 'in between saved' files on my computer. :(...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+ Check in the Creative Cloud Desktop App to see if there are two versions of Photoshop installed.

I had a similar problem until I Un-installed Ps-2021 leaving only Ps-2022 installed (as v23.0.1).

I could not find new features until I realized that photos from LrC were opening in the 2021 Ps version.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for you answer but that doesn't seem to fix it. I only have PS 2022 (updated) and Lightroom Classic (11.01.1). :(...it's so slowing down my editing process...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried just using [Ctrl+W] to 'Close' the image from Photoshop (ie. no [Save] command- yet) ?. This shortcut should ask you if you want to 'Save' - then answer "yes", and the image closes in Ps to appear back in LrC.

Try this small change to workflow.

And are you editing raw or raster (JPG) files from LrC?

I just noticed in my install - If I [Ctrl+S] to Saved the Ps document, and then try to close the file by clicking the [X] on the image TAB, then nothing happens. Yet [Ctrl+C] will then Close the image without asking for another Save.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines