Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder from a moved photolibrary not found in the original LR cataolog

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I have my LR catalog on the main OS SSD of my (MacOS) computer, my (organized) photolibrary is on an external usb-c drive. This drive got corrupted and I was able to restore it via rescue software, which copied all of it on a brandnew external SSD (same folder name, but another disc name).

When I now open my LR catalog in the 'Library' tab, I see the old photolibrary location below the 'Folders' in the left pane, but all folders have a question mark next to it (because the original library disc has gone).

So I decided to maka a backup of my LR catalog in its last working state and tried to add the new photolibrary folder with the '+' sign in 'Folders', but this action just asks to re-import all photos of the photolibrary in this folder (located on the new drive)...

Is there a solution to 'couple' my existing LR catalog to this new disc / photolibraray folder without having to import everything and loose all actions, keywords, ... in added in my LR catalog?

Thank you so much!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't import your photos again!!

Please take a look here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

There you'll find informations how to solve your problem.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Axel. I'm happy I made a backup of my working LRC, so no disasters happened 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the link to 'The Lightroom Queen' by the way, I didn't know it. The article is clear and camplete!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found the solution myself: right-clicking on the question marl lets you look for the missing library folder. I selected the new disk and everything is back!

Sorry for bothering...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines