• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder in Explorer but not in LR6

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is a simple error but I cannot seem to correct it. I created a folder called Twenty + Images of Nature Images TIFF and filled it with large size TIFF photos. I then created a similar folder Twenty + Years of Nature Images JPEG and filled it with identical JPEGs. I cannot recall whether I created them in LR or outside; thought it was the former but perhaps not. I subsequently ran through and keyworded all of the imahes in both folders.  I thought all was done but I cannot find those two folders in LR6 (Classic, not Cloud).I understand that I should have created the folders in LR but probably did not. How do I get these folders into LR? I am pretty sure Import is the wrong move and I suspect Synchronize is the right move but I cannot figure out how to proceed. Any help will be most appreciated as I put a lot of time and effort into the project.

Explorer-folder-web.jpgLR6-folder-list-web.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Hi Joseph,

Do you have the folder that those folders are in in LR6? It looks like (from your screenshot), that you have them in a folder called "My Photos."

I can think of two ways to do this:

1) In the Library mode, go to the My Photos folder in LR6 and right-click on My Photos and select "Synchronize folder..." This will bring up all of the images that are in this folder that are not in the catalog. I'm not sure if LR6 will recognize the folder, it might just see the images. But this wil

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

How do I get these folders into LR? I am pretty sure Import is the wrong move and I suspect Synchronize is the right move but I cannot figure out how to proceed.

Import is correct. Select the ADD option in the Import dialog box.

Synchronize may be correct, but it does things differently than Import, including removing photos from Lightroom if Lightroom thinks the photo is in a specific folder, but the photo is not longer in that folder in your operating system. Thus, I recommend avoiding the us

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph,

Do you have the folder that those folders are in in LR6? It looks like (from your screenshot), that you have them in a folder called "My Photos."

I can think of two ways to do this:

1) In the Library mode, go to the My Photos folder in LR6 and right-click on My Photos and select "Synchronize folder..." This will bring up all of the images that are in this folder that are not in the catalog. I'm not sure if LR6 will recognize the folder, it might just see the images. But this will also get all of the images in that folder that you may not know about. You can organize them later.

2) As long as you know where they are, go to Import the images and go through all of the necessary steps of preparing the folder, etc. But for importing, select "Add" as the option. This will leave them where they are but import them into your catalog.

After this you should be good. Let us know how it works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get these folders into LR? I am pretty sure Import is the wrong move and I suspect Synchronize is the right move but I cannot figure out how to proceed.

Import is correct. Select the ADD option in the Import dialog box.

Synchronize may be correct, but it does things differently than Import, including removing photos from Lightroom if Lightroom thinks the photo is in a specific folder, but the photo is not longer in that folder in your operating system. Thus, I recommend avoiding the use of Synchronize at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfecto! Thank you very much. I will make note of it and hopefully not make this mistake again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines