• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder not showing for import

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to import folders, there are a few new subfolders that I ahve created that do not show up as an option for import. They are present when I exit Lightroom and view the Photos folder on my mac, but when I go back inot LR and try to import they do not show up. Any help for this, couldnt find an answer through searches, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure 'Include Subfolders' is checked in the Import module upper left-hand corner as shown below.

Import.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem but I have checked the 'Include subfolders' option and it does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us screen captures of what you see in Lightroom Classic, and also a screen capture of the matching folder as seen in your operating system.

Also please provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-16 a las 19.47.21.png

 I'm afraid I have Lightroom in Spanish. I have Lightroom Classic 10.2, Mac OS 10 Versión: 10.16.0 [20E232]. I an trying to inport photos from the Images folder on my hard disk but several new folders are not appearing - there should be more folders where it says Mayo 2021. Only three appear when there should be five.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated todat to the latest LR and MAC OS softwares, LrC v10.2 and MAC OS Big Sur 11.3.1. Screen shot is below of side by side and you'll notice several folders in "Baby Jacob" are not coming up in the options for import on LrC, specifically months 9, 10, 11 folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at the list of visible folders, I would say that it's very clear that the two folder lists shown are completely different. Look at the folders before and after the Baby Jacob folder. You're pointing to a completely different location in LR. 

And we cannot tell exactly where, since you didn't show enough of the folder tree to get back to a common point. Start from the top and see if you aren't looking at different top level folders or maybe even different drives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to show what I mean:

in the folder list on the left, the folders preceding the Baby Jacob folder are "2019..." or "2018..." while in LR on the right, the folders are 2020 and also some alphabetical names folders:

133A723F-5A4C-4904-A9F3-DB3B6CA425D2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - they are both (baby Jacob folder) coming from the HD and then "pictures" they are just showing in a diffrent order for each , one alphabeticl and the other has the files at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quotethere should be more folders where it says Mayo 2021. Only three appear when there should be five.

By @Ian Keith5E7C

Please show us the same folder screenshot using Finder that shows the additional three folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2021-05-16 a las 22.03.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ian Keith5E7C 

So in your first screen capture, you are not looking under Escritorio, but in your second screen capture, you are looking under Escritorio. The Lightroom Folder panel says there are subfolders underneath Escritorio (that's what the solid gray triangle next to Escritorio means).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I can see that now. New to Lightroom and Mac and forgot I moved Imagenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ian Keith5E7CI specifically asked for two screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom Classic 6.13 and recently upgraded my MacOS to 11.3. My Desktop folder contains many subfolders with images. When I "Import" with "Include Subfolders" ticked, then Lightroom does not show any subfolders, but rather "no photos found". This Lightroom catalog is even in a subfolder of Desktop that does contain photos. The error never occurred before my upgrade. Screenshot attached.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joachim5C11many people (including me) will not download attachments. Please include your screen capture in your reply by clicking on the "Insert Photos" icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is my screenshot, again. JoachimLightroomNoSubfolders.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines