• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder not synchronised when saving from Photoshop

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a file from within Lightroom to be edited in Photoshop and then save it back, the folder in Lightroom does not update automatically with the new TIF-file. I have to right-click on the folder and synchronise manually and I can not understand why. I do not think that I have changed any settings and I have not been able to find any settings that would control this. I am on MacOS 12.4 and the latest version of all Creative Cloud apps.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you perhaps accidentally doing a save as in PS instead of a save or a close?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that is not the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thiis is pretty common unfortunately. Seems to randomly happen to some people. It has never happened to me but there are enough reports here on the forum. Fix in general is to reset Lightroom Classic's preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Might try that, but I could not really find anything in the Forum about this. The file is being saved back in the right folder. It is just not updating the catalog automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Golding D said, choosing save as in PS is often the culprit here. We are too often used to saving as in PS.

When you send the photo from LR to PS and want it to return to LR, you just select save or close it. 

THen in should appear in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Save (not Save As...) something is wonky. 

Try resetting your Lightroom preferences:
https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html
Also see: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/important-steps-for-manually-resetting-...

Quit Lightroom Classic.
MacOS: Press and hold the Shift + Option keys.
Windows: Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys.
While holding down the keys, launch Lightroom Classic.
When asked, select "Yes". 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried resetting the Preferences. Now I am getting the Save As dialogue box in Photoshop when I select File => Save or when I close the Tab and click Save. I am sure that was not the case before, but as the file is saved via Save As now, I guess it is expected not to be synchronised automatically to the Catalog? My brain is exploding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, have you rebooted your system to make sure the change in preferences takes effect.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to DdeGannes' great "thought" , I always recommend rebooting or even doing a shut down and then restart after changes are made to preferences, or after adding new software. That allows the system clear out left over bits and bytes....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rogerinlondon wrote:

Tried resetting the Preferences. Now I am getting the Save As dialogue box in Photoshop when I select File => Save or when I close the Tab and click Save. I am sure that was not the case before, but as the file is saved via Save As now, I guess it is expected not to be synchronised automatically to the Catalog? My brain is exploding.

Not Save As... Save. 

And the preference I suggested you reset is Lightroom not Photoshop.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but after resetting the LR preferences I am now getting the Save As dialogue box in PS when saving a file sent from LRc when I chose File=>Save or when closing the Tab and choosing Save. Earlier, it was just saving without this dialogue. I do not get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you said that you did reset the preferences in LR and PS? And now. you are getting save AS when you hit save?

Have you tried just pressing Command (Mac) or Control (PC) S when you are finished updating the photo in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rogerinlondon, stated.

"I am on MacOS 12.4 and the latest version of all Creative Cloud apps."

Latest versions macOS 12.5.1; LrC 11.5;  PS 23.5; ?

any reason you have not updated macOS?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any response to the above?

Also a thought out of the box, have you provided “full disk access” to Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has full disk access. This is really strange. I guess I must have inadvertently changed some setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, those are versions listed in the Creative Cloud App when everything is up to date. MacOS 12.5 had not yet popped up as offered in System Preferences, but I have seen that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, after not having used any of the apps since yesterday and having the Mac shut down overnight, now I have made it back to square one, meaning that I no longer get the Save As dialogue when using File=>Save in PS, but it is still not added to ge LrC catalog automatically. I might just leave it for now. It is not a huge problem to right-click and synchronise manually and it might sort itself out after a few Creative Cloud updates in any case. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines