• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folder of Images Removed in Lightroom, I want to re-Import with develop settings

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidently removed a folder from lightroom before I exported my images.

I have the .xmp sidecar files and the original RAW images.

When I go to Import, the RAW images are there but, undeveloped.

Is there a way to get them back as devolped images? Or do I have to redevelop them all over again?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select one of the images now imported and go- MENU:Metadata > Read metadata from file,  Do you then see the image as previously developed? (You would not get History)

It would depend if you 'Saved Metadata' to the files (Manually or automatically) before you deleted the folder.

Otherwise, if you have a Catalog Backup (with the folder and edits) you can do a 'Partial Restore' from the Catalog backup.

RESTORE PARTIAL from backup catalog?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I tries all of these and unfortunately, none of them worked for me. Lesson learned. export to LRC befor remmoving folder! JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jeannemariepics wrote:

Thank you! I tries all of these and unfortunately, none of them worked for me. Lesson learned. export to LRC befor remmoving folder! JM

The lesson to be learned is that you should not remove a folder at all! Lightroom is a catalog application. The catalog does not actually contain the images, just a link to them. That means there is nothing to gain from removing images from the catalog, only to lose (as you noticed).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines