• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Folders gone after last Lightroom update

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the latest Lightroom update, the folders I already had created simply disappeared. WHY???  I did find them in "Pictures" on my iMac, but ALL my edits are gone (grrrrrrrrr).   Honestly, I'm to the point where I want to ditch it all together, and find something easier and less frustrating.  I'm not a pro, just someone who likes the function of Lightroom for edits, and the ease of creating folders/sub-folders.  Is there any easy way to get those folders with edits back into the app?  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

It is possible that you (accidentally) opened the wrong catalog file. Try using the menu command File->Open Recent and open each catalog file shown there to see if you can find the right catalog file. If that doesn't work, use your operating system's search feature to find all files whose name ends with .LRCAT and open each one of those found.

Honestly, I'm to the point where I want to ditch it all together, and find something easier and less frustrating. I'm not a pro, just someone who likes th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that you (accidentally) opened the wrong catalog file. Try using the menu command File->Open Recent and open each catalog file shown there to see if you can find the right catalog file. If that doesn't work, use your operating system's search feature to find all files whose name ends with .LRCAT and open each one of those found.

Honestly, I'm to the point where I want to ditch it all together, and find something easier and less frustrating. I'm not a pro, just someone who likes the function of Lightroom for edits, and the ease of creating folders/sub-folders.

Perhaps you should try viewing some introductory tutorials on YouTube, or read the free e-book for beginners from lightroomqueen.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, Paige.  For the recommended fix (which worked) and the link to lightroomqueen.  My 60 year old brain tends to get overwhelmed trying to delve into the ins and outs of Lightroom.  I really appreciate your kindness.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines